1.25.2010

Bargain Hunting

Last night, I decided that Marshall's and TJMaxx are among my favorite places to buy running/workout clothes. I already love these stores for purses, home accessories, and mainly just anything you could ever need for life in general, but hadn't ever looked at their "active apparel" until last week. It's sort of hit or miss because each store has different articles and different sizes, but if you can find your size and something you like, the prices are great.

I got ...
A pair of Champion running shorts in a purple/plum color for $9.99.

An Avia running tee in green for $5.00 (but I'm not quite sure about this top yet ... I wore it tonight and was SO hot, but I couldn't decide if they had the heat cranked in the gym or if it was really the shirt).

A 3-pack of Adidas cushioned, mouisture-wicking socks for $5.99.

And my favorite, a new running hat! I got a women's Under Armor heatgear hat for $12.99. My favorite part about it is that it's Carolina Blue & White.

It pretty much looks like this, minus the logo on the side.
I've been hoping to get a new running hat. It's one of those items on my "can't live without" list because I sweat like a smelly old man, and hate constantly wiping sweat out of my eyes. I also have really fine, stringy hair that is always flying all over the place. I've been wearing an orange fishing hat that my husband's friend left in his car over a year ago. (If it's in my possession for over a year, I think it makes it mine!) It's not moisture wicking and has kind of become a sweaty, smelly, nasty mess. And I'm not allowed to wear it when our friend is in town, because he would probably disown us as friends if he saw what had become of his beloved hat. And, Jett decided last night after I bought a new one to let me know that's he's always thought that hat was really ugly and not appropriate for a girl to wear. Thanks, honey, for letting me know after I've been walking around in public looking like an ugly boy.

Regardless, finally found a new hat, and it's a women's style, which fits my abnormally small head size for my abnormally tall body (I also have abnormally small feet for such a large body). But, I digress.

The moral of this long drawn-out story is that if you live near a Marshall's or TJMaxx, you should check out their "active apparel" section. You might just be pleasantly surprised.


The fine print: None of this bargain-priced apparel is guaranteed to create great running success, as tonight I wore my new shirt and hat and made it an entire 1.18 miles on the treadmill before accidentally hitting the emergency stop button and deciding that I was so hungry that it was time to go home. Better luck tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I love good deals! And a running hat is a must have accessory for me as well. I have an underarmour and a nb once that I love. I paid 5 bucks for each clearanced at Academy.Score

    And thank you for the lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the hat! I'm with you, I have to wear a hat, too. Sometimes I try to do a headband in the summer, but I'm thinking that's just going to be annoying -- gonna be on the lookout for a moisture-wicker.

    I like getting stuff there, too. The TJ Maxx by me has a lot of Pearl Isumi stuff, but I know nothing about that brand. I haven't tried a Ross. Wonder it they have a good workout section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deals on the clothes! Love the fine print of your blog today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never thought of looking there! I'll have to check out TJ Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those stores too and that's where I get a lot of my running clothes. Sometimes it is hit or miss but when you hit it I'm always thrilled to find some bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! You won my giveaway... email me and we can coordinate - lindseymfischer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Marshall's too for absolutely everything!

    ReplyDelete